Monday, December 29, 2014

The hard decisions

So I have decided after talking to my mamma bears (Donna and Cherie, my late friend Ava's mom, and my aunt) that moving back to the east coast is probably in my best interest after all!
Not going to lie- I am so tired of moving.
g and I both wish we could transport this house to Maryland! It's super cute and just the right size. One thing I had learned  is- it is very hard to keep clean when you work as much as I do and have a kindergartener tornado running around..
Another is, in order to afford a home in this area, I have to live far from all of g's current services and I cannot afford his dad's neighborhood. This means  spending extra time and money that I don't have going from here to there.
I have decided to - depending on when they sell the house, move back home with G. If we had a home to go to, that would be cool, but the closest thing to that is my aunt's house and she's closer to the shore than the schools we need to be near for G.
I'm not worried about much else at this point - just getting us settled.
Now that the ex is letting us go, finally, I have to take the opportunity. Get while the gettin is good.
The closest friends I have here are my boss, two co-workers, and a lady from the company i contract for! 
I don't see any chance of branching out here. Cincy has served her purpose. Everything I've tried to do to make this work for me has failed. 
Just being back easy briefly for the holidays was proof enough. In just 48 hours I saw some family and friends and I gotta say- it felt good. I didn't realize how isolated my ex had made us. I missed a lot of things.
I will be able to get to Ottawa and visit my friends up there in 8 hours, cleveland in 6, jersey/philly in 3, the shore in 3, and my Georgia mountain mama in 8. Not too shabby.
Watching G play with my cousins kids and my friends kids was just incredible. I never thought he would back when he was diagnosed. How far we've come.
Looking forward to healing and positive change.

No comments:

Post a Comment